There could be multiple reasons on why the usage may not be collected (or) reported. Some of the possible causes and their corresponding troubleshooting steps are:
- Did not register Usage Meter Instances with vCloud Usage Insight. Please ensure to login to vCloud Usage Insight Service and register Usage Meter instance.
- DNS server issues on Usage Meter appliance
- Check networking configurations on an appliance by opening up vCenter console and logging in as root to access bash. Run “/opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net” to access the network config script
- Email server issues: Make sure your email server and credentials are correct
- Firewall rules: Make sure you have the both SMTP and HTTPs setup and port 443 open for the appliance to send data. Make sure SMTP is not blocked.
Check the appliance: There may be issues within the appliance that could suspend any Guest level operations and creates an inaccessible state. In such cases, please restart the appliance