Please refer to below video tutorials on signing up for vCloud Usage Insight:
Getting Started with vCloud Usage Insight:
How to add and manage vCloud Usage Insight Registrations:
Alternatively, here are the step by step procedures for signing up for vCloud Usage Insight:
Note: Please be aware that the invite will soon expire in 7 days after received. Therefore, please ensure to register and start setting up the service before it expires, with following the remaining steps outlined below. However, if your invite expires by any reason, please sign up again (Step 1 and Step 2) before proceeding further.
- Click on link: https://cloud.vmware.com/vcloud-usage-meter/
- Click on “Sign up for vCloud Usage Insight”, Enter the Partner details and submit. Note that, the Partner who is entering the details should provide his myVMware account in the signup sheet.
- VMware will review and sends a confirmation link for using the service.
Note: Please be aware that the invite will soon expire in 7 days after received. Therefore, please ensure to register and start setting up the service before it expires, with following the remaining steps outlined below. However, if your invite expires by any reason, please sign upagain (Step 1 and Step 2) before proceeding further.
- Upon receiving the confirmation email from VMware, Partner can login to VMware Cloud Services URL https://console.cloud.vmware.comusing myVMware credentials.
5. As an UMS administrator, create an organization for UMS administration in the VMware Cloud Services Portal:
- Use the specially created fund which will appear as an option when creating an Org. This is a special fund created specifically for you.
- Please ignore currency. UMS is available to you completely free of cost. You will not be invoiced for this service.
- Do not use this fund as the payment method for any other organization. Associate only the UMS to this UMS organization. Do not associate any other service to this organization.
- Optionally, invite others as members to the UMS organization to delegate UMS operations.
- Click on VMware Usage Meter Service Tile:
- Provide consent on the data usage preferences page for usage of data for monthly reporting, end user reporting:
- Register all your vCloud Usage Meter instances:
- Generate vCloud Usage Meter Report and export it. Steps to generate a monthly report could be found here: https://faq.rhipe.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000423255-How-do-you-to-generate-a-monthly-Usage-Report-
- Open the extracted report in a WordPad and copy the ID followed by #UM which is listed on top of the file. Following is an example of an UUID: 86931dd6-e894-42ba-9e6a-d6171834c69d
- Enter or Paste the UUID (excluding #UM) copied from previous step into UMS.
- Repeat steps for each Usage Meter deployed in the infrastructure for metering purposes.