Azure SQL as a Service
This section contains frequently asked questions with regards to Azure SQL as a Service
- What is Azure SQL as a Service, how is this useful to me as a CSP partner?
- Is the Azure SQL as a Service offering suitable for startups and SMBs?
- How does SQL PaaS offering compare with SQL deployed in a Virtual Machine in Azure?
- Do I need to price Storage separately forAzure SQL as a Service?
- Do I incur data transfer charges when my customer’s application downloads data from Azure SQL PaaS?
- How do I size my requirement for Azure SQL PaaS?
- Can I switch to a SQL on IaaS service later if required?
- Do I need a VPN for my application to connect to SQL PaaS?
- What if my Database performance requirements are very high in terms of IOPS? Should I still be using Azure SQL PaaS?
- Is there an option to do backup of the SQL PaaS service and what is the retention period?