Usage Meter and Reporting
This section contains frequently asked questions regarding the Usage Meter and Reporting for VMware.
- What is vCloud Usage Meter? Why do you require the appliance to be installed?
- How do you Install (or) Upgrade Usage Meter?
- Which is the latest supported version of Usage Meter you need to install to submit monthly usage?
- How do you to generate a monthly Usage Report?
- What are the different types of Reports that can be generated from Usage Meter 3.6.1?
- How could you ensure the usage reported is accurate and corelate with Production VMs in the environment?
- After upgrading the Usage Meter tool, what are the differences when comparing the usage reports with the previous version?
- Due to some issues, I couldn’t find the usage report for the current month. How could I report the usage?
- I am unable to login to Usage Meter Browser User Interface, what are the steps required to recover the Password?
- Steps and commands to reset the Password?
- How can you report issues with the Usage Meter tool?
- Why should you check to ensure that there are no metering issues? How could you verify the Products and Bundles used are correct in the reports?
- What are the different Types of Licenses applied on each Billing categories?
- How do you locate your Partner ID, Contract Number and Site ID for configuring Usage Meter?